Ebullient Propinquity

A blog for chronicling my 23 things experiences and reading recommendations of the moment, along with occasionally random library things.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

In My Best Strong Bad TGS Voice

IT'S OVER!

It feel as if we just barely started doing this and already we're moving beyond it. Yeah, if we had another program like this on a topic I was even vaguely interested in I would defintely want to participate. It's educational and it can be nice to break up the work day with something outside of your usual duties.

I feel strongly that there are things I've been reticent to explore on my own (more from my considerable entropy regarding certain things and fear that they were a waste of time than anything else) that I benefitted from learning about during these exercises.

I really liked finding the "...in Plain English" series of vidoes and have subscribe to his youtube videocasts so I'm looking forward to more of those. Del.icio.us should keep me up to date on webcomics and dooce's cute pics of Chuck. There were lots of fun and useful activities, and even the ones I wasn't particularly interested in I am glad that I know more about, such as ZoHo and Bloglines.

The things I think will be stickiest for me (i.e. that I am most likely to stick with) are the idea of collaborative wikis built by librarians/library associates, the concept of blogging (which I had sort of taken up again anyway), and the overarching notion of Library 2.0, a place we build *with* the patrons rather than for the patrons. It just makes sense. Who knows what patrons want and need? Patrons.

No comments: