Ebullient Propinquity

A blog for chronicling my 23 things experiences and reading recommendations of the moment, along with occasionally random library things.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bloglines

So as per my next exercise I sign up for bloglines. I haven't signed up for this many online services in this short a time period since... ever! I am sometimes a little skeptical of adopting every new online service. I like to keep abreast of what is out there, but I usually wait to sign up for things until there is a little more polish in place, unlike my friend Boz, who is a huge early adopter. He flicks, he tweets, he tumbls--he's the real things ladies and gentlemen.

In any case, regarding RSS and bloglines I created a public blogroll, which I need to show Sara, I know she's going to love Pop Goes the Library. It seems like there are some interesting things to learn out there and RSS should make it much more manageable to attempt to keep up with all this bleeding edge information.

I usually try to manage this by creating a heavily weeded collection of links in my favorites (If I haven't loved it in a month it goes!). I'm interested to see what del.icio.us is about, as this seems like it would be really up my alley. I think that's coming up in a future week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should seriously give Google Reader a try. You can export an OPML file from Bloglines and import it into Reader to compare them.

Anyway, I'm not really an early adopter. I only signed up for those things after people I trust recommended them. You, on the other hand, are bordering on Luddite these days. ;-)

Weeding Fiend said...

I {heart} Google Reader.
I don't like how I can't see the entry when I'm making a comment. I forget what else I wanted to comment on.
*kicks the dirt*
And I don't like this text thing that I have to enter to make sure I'm not a bot. Bah!