Ebullient Propinquity

A blog for chronicling my 23 things experiences and reading recommendations of the moment, along with occasionally random library things.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Flickr, Retrievr and Unshelved

I played with Flickr some as one of my 23things and played with some Flickr gadgets that I hadn't known existed. Retrievr, even though it doesn't work *that* well, is such a cool idea and is an application that I've wished existed so I'm cutting it significant slack.

Basically you can draw a picture of something and Retrievr will try to find you a Flickr picture that looks like it. It's not super effective yet, but keep working on it, guys!

In book news I haven't quite finished Luna yet with the move and all but this looks like it's next on my read list. It reminds me of the wonderful Gil's All Fright Diner, which Terry still hasn't read for some reason.

Also, big ups to Wellington Steve (who sounds like a relative of Remington Steele) for showing the GB crew how to add a friends list to our blogs. I haven't created mine yet, but I'm looking forward to adding everyone's, especially the cooler people that I see only rarely like Donna and Steve.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey, I don't sound like Pierce Brosnan at all! ;)